We have learned that the demand for curling in our community is strong. The stones and equipment used in our inaugural season were on loan from the US Curling Association (USCA). We are grateful for their support and were thrilled to see the overwhelming response to curling in Rochester! The USCA stones have moved on to a new curling club, and we have purchased a used set of stones and equipment using personal loans from a few club members. To pay those personal loans back, fundraising is a major focus:
- We have applied for, and were awarded, multiple grants to support our equipment and facility needs.
- We have purchased four sheets of curling stones (8 sets/64 stones) from Kettle Moraine Curling Club in Hartland, Wisconsin.
- We are actively seeking sponsorships to cover the cost of these stones and other essential equipment.
We are also looking at options for additional ice time to provide opportunities for both experienced and new curlers to join our growing group:
- We are working with our local arena (the Rochester Recreation Center) to identify additional days/time that the rink is available for curling.
- We are researching potential venues for a long-term, dedicated curling facility. To become a reality, a capital campaign will be essential.
Opportunities For Support
Please see the menu on the following page for opportunities to support the next phase of our Club’s growth. Contact us to discuss additional ideas for partnership. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your support!
|$2,000||Set of 8 stones|
|Individual or business name engraved on one (1) set of eight (8) curling stones.|
|Name or logo printed on durable labels to be placed on thrity-two (32) curling brooms.|
|Name or logo prominently displayed on one (1) scoreboard to be used during all league, instructional, and exhibition events.|
|Name or logo printed on durable labels to be placed on eight (8) stabilizers.|
|Name or logo printed on league banner to be displayed al all CCR league events.|
|$250||Name a Stone|
|Individual or business name engraved on one (1) curling stone|